Monday, December 5, 2011
Katonah, New York
Tribes Hill Annual Holiday Gathering and Solstice Rehearsal
Lake Katonah Clubhouse
1 Lower Lakeshore (GPS users - see NOTE below), Katonah, New York 10536
This is a very special first Monday Tribes Hill gathering and is open to all.
- It will include music in preparation for our Annual Solstice Concert (12/18/11).
- We will all contribute to our POTLUCK MEAL with MAIN DISH, DESSERT AND/OR BEVERAGE - Please bring a yummy, healthy dish to share (4-6 servings; list of ingredients) A kitchen with stove, frig, microwave, etc. is available for our use.
PLEASE POST POTLUCK FOOD OR BEVERAGE CONTRIBUTIONS ON THE TRIBES HILL BLOG IN THE MEMBER"S AREA
We welcome volunteers for Set-up and Clean-up as well as donations of disposable "green" plates, bowls, etc. and cups (no cutlery needed)
ADDRESS is Lake Katonah Clubhouse *1 Lower Lakeshore* Katonah, NY (corner Lower Lakeshore and Todd Rd.)
*NOTE - ABOVE ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK WELL IN GPS.
GPS USERS - BEST TO USE 93 TODD RD, THE ADDRESS OF THE HOUSE ACROSS THE STREET.
DIRECTIONS FROM LOWER WESTCHESTER VIA SAW MILL; IF FROM 684, SKIP STEP 1:
1) Take Saw Mill north to end, where it merges into I-684.
2) Take 684 to Exit 6A (Goldens Bridge) and exit off of 684 to Rt. 22/Goldens Bridge.
3) At end of exit ramp, turn left and head north on Rt. 22.
4) Take Rt. 22 to first right turn at the Rt. 138 junction. Note: when you make the right turn, you will travel just a couple 100 yrds. or so in front of a plaza and parking lot. When you get to the light, make a right turn which will actually put you onto Rt. 138 (heading east).
5) Take Rt. 138 about 1½ miles to Increase Miller and turn right (first right after Todd Rd. North). Note: where Increase Miller intersects 138, 138 veers to the left so it is more like veering right at a fork as opposed to making a full right turn.
6) Take Increase Miller and make first right turn onto Todd Rd. (not to be confused with Todd North, which you passed on 138 just before getting to Increase Miller -- do not turn on Todd North).
7) Take Todd Rd. about ½ mile to second left turn at Lower Lakeshore (first left after Upper Lakeshore).
Clubhouse is at corner of Todd Rd. and Lower Lakeshore, with parking in front of the building on Lower Lakeshore.