Tribes Hill Presents Kindred Folk at Lucy's - Sunday, March 18th
Our first show of the 2018 season, our fourth year bringing the best acoustic music to Westchester.
SCOTT WOLFSON AND OTHER HEROES have been lighting up stages with their high-energy brand of multifaceted Americana music since 2011. Seamlessly welding folk, blues, country, Broadway, and rock’n’roll into a smart, rootsy, compelling sound, Scott and the band join it with a razor-sharp wit to seek out the humanity in moments of love, rage, and despair. They were 2016 NERFA Formal Showcase Artists and Falcon Ridge Folk Festival “Most Wanted” artists.
“They’ve kicked it up another notch…. The band continues to mature and even the quieter songs carry a bit more drama. As the songs continue to spill out of Scott Wolfson’s fertile imagination, they keep getting more infectious and intriguing.” – Richard Cuccaro, Acoustic Live in NYC
ILANA DONNA ARAZIE is a rootsy-soulful singer-songwriter and Hastings-on-Hudson resident. She has been singing at cafes, open mics, bars and showers across NYC, Miami and SF since she was 18. Since meeting her husband, Matt Turk, a professional musician and troubadour, she and Matt have been harmonizing and collaborating. Ilana has been writing new music in her free moments while taking care of their 2-year-old son. She will be performing new compositions, as well as choice classic covers. Ilana takes her inspiration from artists like The Louvin Brothers, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Lucinda Williams, Jerry Garcia, Theresa Williams and Larry Campbell. With a beautiful and powerful voice along with personal stories, Ilana delivers a finely crafted performance.
LARA SCHULER grew up in New Canaan, CT - wrote her 1st poem when she was 8, started playing drums & guitar when she was 12 & wrote her 1st song in college. She's performed in Boston, NY, LA & throughout New England.
Arts Alive Project Grants are made possible with funds from the Decentralization Program (DEC), a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature and administered by ArtsWestchester.
TRIBES HILL – YOUR COLLABORATIVE MUSIC COMMUNITY
BECOME A MEMBER! Just sign up to be included on our mailing list ==> SIGN UP You will get only occasional notes. That’s it – you’re a member! Then…frequent the site to keep up with Tribes’ News. MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS As a member of this active music community with a growing presence, you can…
DONATIONS AND CONTRIBUTIONS SUPPORT US, so please give generously!
- Post your gigs on our website calendar
- Attend and participate in our music happenings
- Be an active member; have a say with Committee Service
- Be part of a friendly, thriving community of musicians and music lovers! or mail a check to: Tribes Hill / Kindred Folk Hammond House 111 Grasslands Rd. Valhalla, NY 10595 PARTICIPATE IN TRIBES HILL ACTIVITIES
- Tribes Hill Presents - music at venues in Westchester and beyond , including benefit concerts for members in need to celebrate the gift of giving.
- Gatherings – First Monday of the month at our members’ homes. Gatherings are open to all - members, non-members, musicians and music lovers alike! Here’s where we socialize, informally and collaboratively make music, sing, listen; meet, network and share a meal. Always fun!
- Annual Summer Solstice Fundraiser - Tribes Hill open business meeting and Hootenanny including open mic, performances, campfire song circle, and pot luck dinner at historic Hammond House in Valhalla, NY.
- Annual Winter Holiday Celebration - December's Gathering where we rehearse Solstice songs, collaboratively make music, sing, or just listen; meet, network and share a potluck dinner.
- Annual Winter Solstice Fundraiser - Tribes Hill member performance in a local public venue – the highlight of our year!
- Northeast Regional Folk Alliance Conference (NERFA) – Participate in annual fall event for performers and presenters of folk music.
- Benefit Concerts - to celebrate the gift of giving for members in need.